Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you grandmas, moms, and moms yet to be. I hope your day was relaxing and memorable. Mine started with a delicious breakfast in bed consisting of homemade chocolate chip waffles, fruit, and coffee, along with roses and a card with special notes from Norah, Eli, and John. I was then given a magazine and allowed to linger in bed BY MYSELF while John managed the breakfast chaos downstairs. It was luxurious! I even got to take a shower without worrying about Eli breaking something or Norah crying to be held. I think I might have run the hot water supply completely empty. It was so nice to be given the morning off and just be able to do whatever I wanted... which was pretty much nothing at all. We then went to my mom's for a yummy steak lunch and enjoyed spending time with cousins, grandparents, and great-grandparents. And seeing as Pei Wei is giving away a free meal to all moms today, it looks like I'm off the hook for dinner as well. Hallelujah!
Thanks John for a great, relaxing day. And thanks Eli and Norah for giving me the privilege of being your mommy. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment