"The Rules of Contentment"
1. Never complain about anything, not even the weather.
2. Never picture yourself under any circumstances in which you are not.
3. Never compare your own lot with that of another.
4. Never allow yourself to dwell on the wish that this or that had been, or were, otherwise than it was, or is. God Almighty loves you better and more wisely than you do yourself.
5. Never dwell on tomorrow. Remember that it is God's, not yours. The heaviest part of sorrow is often to look forward to it. The Lord will provide.
This is a good one to print out on an index card and stick it somewhere that you'll see everyday. Mine is going on the dashboard of my car. You can hold me to it!