Sunday, September 26, 2010

Picking Apples...sort of

Saturday we enjoyed the beautiful and wonderfully crisp fall weather with a trip to Lynd's Apple orchard. John was out of town for his annual brother's golf outing so the kids and I were on our own. Except not really, because my sister-in-law Rebecca and her kids spent the weekend with us, and my mom, my Grams, and Kimmy's 3 kids also joined in the orchard fun. We explored the market, parading our 7 kids through the free samples line (several times), went on a hay ride where we got to pick apples to sample along the way, and browsed the displays of pumpkins, gourds, and mums. By the time we had done all of this as well as trying to pose the kids in various "festive" fall photos, we were whipped and the tots were starting to melt down. So we never ended up picking any apples besides the ones we already ate. So much for all that homemade applesauce I was going to make. At least I did bring home a jar of apple butter and some delicious blueberry jam. Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment