Sunday, August 16, 2009

Just because...

This morning as I was getting Eli dressed for church, I had to catch my breath at how grown up he looked in his Sunday best. I was again reminded of the quote from the movie Finding Neverland that seems to replay in my head every morning when I see his sweet, sleepy-eyed little face.
"Young boys should never be put to bed because they always wake up one day older"
And could that be any truer?



Psalms 127:3-5 "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate."




2 comments:

  1. He is so adorable!! I love hearing that you and John are really treasuring these times. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff. Sniff. I need a tissue.

    These boys are really growing up too fast, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Comment