Monday, July 27, 2009

California Dreaming Part 1-The Marathon



This week Eli and I are vacationing in California with my parents, grandparents,
sisters, brother-in-laws, and nieces and nephews. We kicked off the week, with a siblings
only trip to San Francisco to run in the San Francisco marathon. It was my goal to complete my second marathon, but after several unexpected set-backs and injuries I had to settle for
running the half. My sister Sarah ran the full 26.2 miles and I did the first 13.1 with her and then Kim stepped in to finish off the last 13.1. The scenery was beautiful and we got to run across
the picturesque Golden Gate bridge and along the cost. The hills, however, were relentless and made every mile a struggle. It was so great to run with my sisters and have a night away from the kids. Now if I could only stop limping...

1 comment:

Comment