Monday, March 19, 2012

Randomness

I haven't been very good at taking pictures lately or keeping up on "keep-saking" activities, which always gives me anxiety. You'd think without Facebook and TV I would have endless hours to fill with these things, but ever since my friend lent me the first book in the Hunger Games series, I have become a bit preoccupied.

According to my camera, here is what has been happening so far in March...

Eli had his first preschool musical performance, which was much anticipated. Unfortunately, stage fright got the best of him and he stood like an angry statue on the stage while his classmates danced and sang their hearts out. He would occasionally make eye-contact and give us a nervous smile but then immediately recomposed back into his solemn self and refusal to participate. Oh well, he still got ice-cream afterwards and still hasn't stopped talking about what a great job he did on the stage since.

My favorite time of the week....lazy weekend mornings where daddy makes waffles and I pretend I am a guest in the house. Norah is always up plenty early to help lend a hand, while Eli has to be woken and convinced to come downstairs and grace us with his presence.

The kids and I celebrated Saint Patty's day pregnancy-style, with a big fat shamrock shake from McDonald's. And it was delicious, up until my yoga instructor informed me the next day that these little gems have 700 calories.  Uh thanks??

 Norah has started taking an interest in potty-training herself and can often be found perched on our furniture or jumping off the couch in her birthday suit. Her reward of choice is a mini-marshmallow, which Eli insists on rewarding himself with as well each time she goes.

 And hard to believe that we are enjoying 75 degree weather in Ohio in March. Lunch picnics on the deck are in full-swing. Here I tried to delight the kids by giving them a bit of iced-tea with their lunch, only to have it rejected as "yucky." More for me I say!

And finally, this little boy is going to be 4 years old next month and I can't believe how big he is. He is every bit as silly and ornery as 3 year-olds come, and then some. He is VERY excited to meet his new brother or sister in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment